Since we have a brand new addition in the family, I guess I just felt like I owe it to her. Stella is just over a month old and I’m already riddled by guilt. Go figure? I guess it with the territory of having a second kid.
I will not go into detail of what the blog has missed since I quit writing last summer. Let the past be the past… let us focus on the days ahead! I’ve got my hands full with the days ahead. I never in my wildest dreams imagined how much work two kids are. Especially while they’re still little. It’s true what they say that one plus one does NOT equal two!
Oh, and did I mention that we seem to have had twins only two years apart? Just look at these pictures. I can hardly tell them apart myself.


As the days pass and Stella grows, she’s changing and I’m sure that soon enough she’ll be a completely different baby. But I must admit that I was very surprised during the first few days of her life how often I wanted to call her Kaspar, just because she reminded me so much of Kaspar, when he was a little baby. I guess dressing her in the same clothes as Kaspar did not help.
The facial features is pretty much where the similarities between the two kids end. Kaspar was a live wire from day one. Stella is a mellow child, who sleeps relatively well, eats well and cries only because she’s got a wet diaper or needs to throw up again and again. The throwing up part is weird. It's called “spit-up” or “burp” in most baby literature, but what she does can hardly be classified as that. She throws up! And lots, too! Projectile, flying through the air, sever times in an hour… but more on that subject later.
7 comments:
whopppeee!!! the blog is back!
that was me
i didn't think anyone was going to notice... i was hoping to reapear and disapear again :-)
I've also noticed!
a big fan
wow! do i know you "big fan"?
wow! do i know you "big fan"?
no, i found your blog by coincidence on the net and have been stepping by now and then, always happy to find a new post:) i left you a comment once, i think exactly a year ago
greetings to the family
anja
Post a Comment